Meditation has been in practice for over a thousand years, and now it has become one of the most popular ways to relieve stress. This simple technique takes ten minutes, and it can control stress and increase the overall health of your body.
- Meditation was originally meant to help connect with the sacred and mystical forces of this universe. However, these days, meditation has transformed into a stress buster and relaxation mechanism.
- Meditation is considered to create a mind-body connection, which is impossible to achieve by medicine. It can send the person in a deep state of relaxation and help them reach a tranquil mind.
- During meditation, you need to focus your attention and eliminate all the other thoughts hovering in your mind. This process may result in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
What Can Meditation Do for Stress Management?
In this modern world, humans have conditioned their body to react in either fight or flight in a situation automatically. This is what we call stress response, very important especially in extreme danger.
However, prolonged exposure to such kind of stress can cause physical and chronic damage to every part of the body.
Meditation can help you counter this damage by triggering the body’s relaxation response. It restores the body to a calm state, repairs the original damage done, and also prevents any new damage from stress. A greater gain from this practice is the long-term resilience that can come with regular practice.
Another benefit of meditation is a positive mood that also results in stress reduction. With regular practice, meditation also reduces negativity and helps you focus better on your goals and stress relief.
Apart from stress relief, you receive a host of other benefits such as –
- Building skills to manage your stress
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Focusing on the present
- Increasing self-awareness
- Increasing patience and tolerance How do Meditations affect your health?
Meditation helps connect people with their inner self, and various studies have concluded that it has a potent effect on one’s health such as –
- Your blood pressure normalizes.
- Your heart rate and breathing slow down.
- Your immune system improves.
- You use oxygen more efficiently.
- Your adrenal glands produce less cortisol.
These people also find it easy to give up life-consuming addiction like drinking, smoking, and drugs.
What are the Pros and Cons of a session of Meditation at Mind Body Hoboken?
The biggest pro about Meditation is it is free once you attend a professional session, and it is amazingly effective for everyone in a short period of time, unlike medicines and other techniques. You can learn the art of meditation even after one session and practice on your own.
This being said, the major downside of Meditation is getting up early or finding a place and time to meditate. Meditation requires you to be patient, and it can be difficult for many to focus, but it can be achieved by regular practice. We can clearly see the pros outweigh the cons for meditation.
How Does Meditation Compare to Other Stress Reduction Methods?
- Unlike other stress reduction method, meditation has very few potential side effects.
- Even people with physical limitations can practice as it doesn’t require strenuous exercise or special equipment.
- It requires commitment and discipline to make this a regular habit. This is different from taking medicine.
- It also shows results the quickest and has more benefits than other methods.
So, hurry up and book yourself a professional meditation session at Mind Body Hoboken.